Thursday, April 17, 2008

What's On Your MP3 Player?

I saw this blog entry on the site of my friend, Brian Nicklaus. And I thought that I would do the same thing. Here is what I have currently on my iPod nano. Now, let me begin by saying that I am a mixture of eclectic and eccentric. Here goes:

1. One playlist is nothing but Air Supply, Kenny Loggins and Christopher Cross. Don't think any less of me, though.

2. Another is Classic Country with the staples like Jones, Nelson, Haggard, Jennings, Cash and even further back Husky, Whitman, Horton, the Browns etc., with a little Statler, Oak Ridge, Alabama thrown in for good measure.

3. One playlist I have dubbed REOJourncago with all the hits of you know who.

4. Some great Southern Gospel with the likes of Gaither Vocal Band, JD Sumner and the Stamps, Statlers (again), and my favorite - Ernie Haase and the Signature Sound.

5. Some great songs from the best Musicals on the planet. Remember, I got my undergrad degree in musical theatre.

6. The best hits (Rock and Pop) from today.

7. Contemporary Christian and Praise Songs.

8. And finally, many thought-provoking podcasts from Ray Vanderlaan. Really great stuff!!

SO...what is on your MP3 player?!?

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Jimmy!

I don't have an MP3 player, but I do love Satellite and Internet radio. My favorite stations play jazz, new age, and eclectic music. There is even one Internet station that plays nothing but solo piano pieces.

TTOW!

Randy Mitchell said...

Jimmy:

I have the Bible, contemporary christian, both High School musical soundtracks, Vanessa Hudgins, Acappella, some country, Hilary Duff, and a instructional series on how to improve the behavior of your kids. Alot of weird stuff, wouldn't you say?

Jimmy Mitchell said...

I love it, Randy!! The more eclectic the better!

Jimmy Mitchell said...

Eric,
I need to listen to more jazz. I used to have a playlist called 'jazzy fizzle' with Buble, Fitzgerald, Jones, Prima, Krall and the like, but I accidentally erased it one day. Bummer!

Anonymous said...

I don't have an mp3 player either, but my son and I are constantly listening to the Wicked sountrack in the car. Anytime he hears it he says, "TURN IT UP!" and does an interpretive dance to the opening song in his carseat. He also knows the song titles and has three favorite songs on there--I'm so lucky my kid has good taste!;)

Jimmy Mitchell said...

Chandra!
Tell your sonny boy that I got to go see Wicked in London, England a few months ago. Fell in love with it!!

Anonymous said...

Wow, LONDON?! Very cool! I saw it on Broadway last month-- definitely one of my favorites of all time!