Friday, April 04, 2008

Violent Weather

It has been quite a tumultuous time here in Central AR. Last night at around 8:40, the sirens started to go off in Benton and the surrounding areas. A hook echo (an indicator of possible tornadic activity) was seen on the radar near Lake Hamilton. We were alerted that it was headed our way at a clip of 45-50 miles per hour. A worn out Elizabeth, a rudely awakened Jenniva and I sat in the Master Closet until around 11:30. Nothing ever came our way, but something hit very close.

The Target just down the street was damaged.

Hurricane Lake trailer park was damaged.

There has been flooding on I-30.

North Little Rock has seen the second highest wind since 1976. Around 72 miles an hour!

The Airport has several destroyed hangars and some overturned airplanes.

Many schools have let out today due to damage or flooding.

Elizabeth was called early this morning by the school saying that they had flooded and would be closed for the day. So I let her go to bed and got up with the little girl. El needed the rest and I was okay with spending some more time with baby girl.

We have had some hail, very strong winds and more than enough rain.

Pray for Central Arkansas right now!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey Jimmy.

It was quite a scary night, indeed. I was watching the live updates on TV when a HUGE bolt of lightning hit somewhere very close. It sounded like a bomb went off!

I'm glad that the Lord kept us safe, and I will pray for those that were less fortunate.

Even though I-30 was closed, I was still able to make it to work this morning...on time, proving that where there's a will, there's a way!