Saturday, April 19, 2008

Man Meat?!?

Upon finding out that my wife would be gone 'til 11:30 last night and GranMary was going to pick up Boodle for the weekend, I set out contacting a few guy friends to spend the night doing manly things!

My excitement was met with trepidation, however, when I shouted out to my friends that we should go out and watch a man movie followed by going to a restaurant and eating man meat. They stepped back and looked at me like I was weird. I finally understood that the wording should have been different!!

Anyway, we went out to The Rave in Little Rock to see the new Ben Stein movie "Expelled" in a surprisingly sold out theater. If you have not seen this, you gotta go. Great for the apologist!

Later we headed over to Gaucho's for a feast Churrascaria-style!! All the meat you could eat with all the fixin's! Needless to say, we were stuffed silly. Won't go there again for a long time.

It was a great night out with the guys. Have to do that again soon!
--------
I have to add this - all that food and I am still down 22 pounds!! Man, I am feeling better than I have in a long time!

2 comments:

Brad Palmore said...

I love the Rave. We went there the night it opened. Saw "Signs" in a completely empty theater. In fact, the first day there were only about 8 movies playing. They had "Signs" playing in 11 or 12 screens.

Lisa and I saw "Expelled" the other day. Pretty good. I loved the whole "backs of crystals" thing and the "seeded by superior species" idea.

I went back to Belo Horizonte last year. Eddison took me to a Churrascaria. Loved it!

Jimmy Mitchell said...

You got to go to Belo again? Oh, I wish I could have come! Good times!!