Wednesday, April 23, 2008

All About It

Monday night was a blast over at the Farmer residence with some great grilling out, fellowship and winding it up (I prefer up to down because the message should bring pump) at the end of the night with a devotional lesson. The Farmers are awesome and I can't wait to do it again!! Thank you John, Stephanie and clan!!!
------
Last night, El and I went out on the town with our new friends, Clint and Melissa Smith. We hit Chili's and had some good eats and then traveled over to the Robinson Center in Little Rock to catch the Classical Mystery Tour. We rocked out to the music of The Beatles for at least 2 and a half hours. These men were spot-on! And they were backed by the Arkansas Symphony Orchestra!! Wow, what a night!!! Take a look here at their website.
------
You'll notice that I have been adding songs to the list of what our congregation here is learning. I am overwhelmed at the willingness (and rapid ability) of this particular congregation to learn 1 or 2 new songs on Sunday mornings. It is amazing. The Howell, Norris and Lunsford families are constantly giving me ideas and sheet music to lead in our Sunday worship services. I have also been blessed to make friends with the one and only Jerome Williams who has sent me a binder chock-full of sheet music for new songs!! I am pumped up!!
------
I am starting up a quintet of guys around my age in the Central Arkansas area. We will do contemporary Christian and Praise songs. We'll be performing our first show this Tuesday the 29th for the VCOC See The Possibilities banquet at the Diamante Country Club.

Add to that the fact that we have a new bass singer here in our church family! I am starting up another new group (primarily Southern Gospel) with Kevin S singing grumbly low bass with Mike K and Joel L exchanging tenor and lead parts. On good days, he can go down with the likes of JD Sumner! Now, that is awe-inspiring!
------
I guess you could say that things are going extremely well here in Benton, AR!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yes, they are indeed, Jimmy!

TTOW!