Saturday, April 05, 2008

Aftermath

There was a family in our congregation that was affected by the recent violent weather. Lonnie and Patricia Hunnicut had eleven trees fall during the wind/tornado and 3 of them fell on their house, leaving them with some pretty bad damage on the front and other damage due to flooding. So, Richard Wallace (a true servant in the Kingdom) called up a task force this morning beginning at 8 and rounded up a great number of men to help move furniture and other items into another house just up the street.

Man was I proud of the show of helping hands from the Northside family. Richard W, Terry H, Randy M, Gary C, Barry, Kaylon and Greg B, Ed and Davis B, Carlton and Devin N, Kelly G, Jeff H, Corky C, and possibly some others that I missed showed up ready to rock out hard! What a great service to those in need. Cameron C called ready to head over but was told there were more than enough already.

The youth even got a lot of great Nintendo and Sega games in the deal! That's a plus!!

The only downside of the day was that my new Jeep was backed into by a big ole truck and now I have to get in on the passenger side and watch my turning very carefully until it's fixed.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

This is a great, Jimmy!

Your Second Saturday Servants came to the rescue, even on the FIRST Saturday of the month!

Anonymous said...

That's awesome that you had so many volunteers! Sorry about your truck, though...ouch! I can't believe I just found Rich and Ronda through your blog too, I'm going to hop along over there and comment to them now! It's so great to hear from you! I sent an email to the link from your blog profile because my comment would've been too long and rambly!