Friday, April 11, 2008

Last Few Days

The new J&J Ministries started off with a good number of 8. I knew this would start off (and hopefully continue) with a smaller group. Now don't get me wrong, I am not against larger numbers, but this ministry is more ideally catered to a smaller, more intimate group. We talked together about what we were going to do for God yesterday and prayed together. It was a blessed time getting to know each other's hearts.
-------
Little Boodle has been sick for the past few days so I have been out of pocket for a bit longer than I would like. El has no more days left to stay home so I have been here tending to the little sweet girl. She is on a very powerful 3-shot series antibiotic that will clear up her bad double ear infection. Keep her in your thoughts and prayers.
-------
I am indeed excited and proud of my family. My mom, dad and sister have gone into the weight loss business. They bought a store in Tyler, Texas and converted it into Healthy Figures Weight Loss & Treatment Center. And, boy, are they losing weight, feeling great, and crazy successful in this venture!!

I have been doing their program for almost 3 weeks now and have lost 16 pounds!! I also feel more wonderful than ever! If you are interested in losing weight make sure to look here or click on the link that I have added to my collection on the right side of this blog. It will change your life!
-------
On Wednesday night, a group of young men got together and helped empty and store items for those in need from the National Churches of Christ Disaster Relief. We even got a line formed to move and stack boxes. I got so excited at one point that I started singing "That's the sound of the men working on the Chain Gang!" Surprisingly, no one else joined in!! It was done well and quickly. Of course, the classroom that night was full of sweaty, wild boar-smelling men. Here are a few shots of the whole moving experience!

1 comment:

Fatti Patti said...

Pray for this woman

http://patticakepatticake.blogspot.com/

http://fattipatti.blogspot.com