Friday, February 17, 2006

Special Times

Today is a special day for some:

Elizabeth and I are spending some great time together today and tomorrow in the fair city of Austin. We are going to celebrate a tardy Valentine's Day by eating out, going to the mall, staying in a hotel and visiting the Bob Bullock Texas Museum of History. I can't wait!

Whitney S. is celebrating her birthday today. Happy Birthday!

Tori G. is, too. Happy Birthday!

And, last but not least, my sweet mom is celebrating her birthday.

I will never forget everything that you have done and continue to do for me, Mom. I love you for being there to talk with me through the years that I was the 'cute, little white blond headed boy that was into everything' through the years that I was not so cute and still into everything, the times that I was the little pesky brat, and the times that I thought I was too big for my britches. You were there through it all with the patience of Job.

Thank you for always being there to help me, talk with me, comfort me and put me in my place.

Thank you for the shared laughter, tears, joy and'Mom's Sermons.'

I love you for the spiritual insight you have given me and all the Godly wisdom that you passed down to me from Dee Dad, Gran and Granny Mac.

You will always have a huge place in my heart for being a mother with such a deep, rich faith and love. It runs so wide and so deep that you could do nothing else but pass it on to Misti and me.

I love you dearly and I hope that your day is a very special one.

Happy Birthday, Mom!

No comments: