Thursday, February 02, 2006

New Beginning

Where do I begin?

I am finally settled down in my new work for the Marble Falls church of Christ in Marble Falls, Texas. I am sorry for the lack of blogging. The computer in my office will not access the internet and I am using the other office computer. I also have been running around trying to get settled here in my new home.

Sunday morning was my last morning with the family in Hot Springs Village, AR. Thank you all for the potluck, nice words, money tree, prayers and send off. I am forever grateful for you all and your loving hearts. I miss you already!

That Sunday afternoon, Elizabeth and I drove out of town and headed toward Texas. We arrived around 12:20 at the home of Jim and Mandy Gardner. Thank you, Gardner Family, for putting us up for the night!

We awoke at 8:30 the next morning and got ready to move into our new place across from the church building. We unpacked the U-Haul into the house and my new office and took it back before lunch on Monday. We were able to eat at the Blue Bonnet Cafe (a celebrated, historic restaurant in this area). We both had a nice slice of pie for dessert. The rest of the day we spent getting my office in order.

Tuesday, we opened a bank account, joined the Marble Falls Athletic Club and looked the town over. I took my sweetie pie to the airport that afternoon to see her off and start my 2-3 weeks of bachelorhood. After that I spent 4 hours at Barnes & Noble, Borders and Best Buy to get my mind off of her leaving. It is very lonely here without my better half.

I will be back shortly to tell you all about the wonderful family here in Marble Falls.

No comments: