Thursday, February 02, 2006

God Is Good

I need to workout even harder and more frequently than ever! So many people here have already started bringing food and taking me out to eat. It is so nice since I am all alone, but my waist line could expand too fast if I don't keep it in check. Thank you all for your kindness and hospitality.

The youth group here is awesome!! On Monday, around 10 of the teens showed up at my office to welcome me and Elizabeth to our new home and to help us out with anything that we might need. They have been so helpful.

Wednesday evening I was given the opportunity to sit back while Allan Stanglin led the singing and Jim Gardner broke the bread to us. I also got to meet more teens, parents and chaperones. The teens were pumped up and excited about things to come. I guess it was that energy that propelled the huge beanbag fight and the showing off that got started after class. It is great to see their excitement and share their joy.

This morning, I met with Jim, Trae and 15 of the youth for a great breakfast at Super Taco, the breakfast of choice for many in Marble Falls. I am so happy to be warmly welcomed in this way. And I suspect that over these next few weeks, I will get to know them even better!

;I have been blessed with this new family and I pray that I can give to them the leadership that they deserve. To use a favorite phrase of Jim DuBose, I will say: God is good...All the time!

1 comment:

Jimmy Mitchell said...

Toney,
They got me a cell phone! Did you like my trick?