Friday, February 10, 2006

History of Texas

Last night, I tried to blog to no avail. The blogsite was down. I filled out a large blog and then it would not be posted or saved as a draft. So it was all for naught.

Now I will try to reiterate what I typed last night.

Yesterday, Jim, Allan and I spent the day bonding with one another at the Bob Bullock Texas Museum of History. What a great day of historical fact and fun! If you have not been to this museum, you should go out there and experience it for yourself. Even if you are not a Texan, you will feel the pride and passion of the Texas spirit.

Later last evening, I was able to be with the young couples of the congregation in the Valentines Bunco at the Clark's house. Even though I was without my sweetheart, Elizabeth, they let me join in the fun with another member who was without her spouse. What I thought would be a boring evening turned out to be a great, exciting night!

Tonight I traveled to Austin for the Weekend of Champions held by Prentice Meador and Westover Hills. A nice group of men from our family here were able to attend what I believe to be a great event for shaping and maturing men to be the Godly leaders that we are called to be.

I will finish up my thoughts on this tomorrow after the event has come to an end.

No comments: