Thursday, February 16, 2006

Dropping Like Flies

Jim Gardner came in for a while this morning, but left because his flu is not yet gone. Our secretary is still out with her virus and Allan Stanglin's daughter, Valerie, is sick with the crud. Others in the family here have called with similar illnesses. Knock on wood, I have not gotten sick thus far.

My sweetheart arrived into town last night in time for a quick visit, grab a bite to eat for dinner and come to class to meet the youth group. I was so happy to see her finally arrive to be here with me! I love her so much. She is my life.

In class I thought it only apropos to teach about the love God calls us to have for Him, our Christian families and our enemies. The hard thing to understand or apply is that the same agape love is called for in each circumstance. To truly be followers of Jesus, we must have agape love for not only God, other believers and friends, but also for our enemies. We are called to deeply love, cherish and have full compassion on our enemies. Tough pill to swallow, huh?

The same agape love for all!

Wrap your minds around that for a while.

No comments: