Friday, March 10, 2006

FCA and Bachelors

I spoke for the FCA today at the Marble Falls Middle School. I was able to talk to 3 different groups that came through during lunch time. Each group was composed of about 45 kids. Starting with 8th grade and ending up with 6th grade, I sure had my work cut out for me. I thought that my chances were slim in keeping their attention for 20 minutes while they ate lunch, but I was pleasantly surprised that they were all ears. God works in mysterious ways!!

I am so excited that I am able to be involved with the school system here. I love to be in the middle of community! The youth around here are looking for something to fill the void and they seem to be pretty receptive thus far.

Pray for ole lonesome me as Elizabeth is traveling back to AR with Mandy G and the girls. She will be checking the house back in the Village and spending some time with her mom in Conway. Looks like I am a bachelor once again. At least mine will be coming back on Tuesday. Jim will be alone 'til a week from this Sunday. Keep us in mind as we will be pretty lonely.

No comments: