Thursday, January 31, 2008

New Journeys

I depart today on an incredible journey!

Before I talk about my trip I would like to share the amazing decision that was made here last night. Amanda C, one of our students in the youth ministry here at Northside, decided to clothe herself in Christ. What a wonderful note to leave on! No better thing could have happened last night. Pray for her and the rest of her family as she embarks on a new path.

Joel and I leave for Windhoek, Namibia, Africa in just a few short hours. Wow!! There is excitement in the air as I anxiously await new people and places. We will be teaching about 4-5 hours a day. I have my lessons ready and several sermons on hand. Gonna be great! Joel is nervous and I have a combination of anxiety and excitement! What a combination. Keep us in your prayers as we travel to Detroit-then to London-then to Windhoek-then back again.

I will try to blog while away. May not be able to. If not, in 2 weeks there will be stories and pictures galore!

2 comments:

Brad Palmore said...

Have a good trip! You'll be about 45 miles away when you land in Detroit.

Unknown said...

Bon Voyage, Jimmy!

You'll have a BLAST with my Dad! Tyler's friend Bill Bowles traveled around the world doing a video blog of each place he visited. Namibia was one of them! TTOW!!