Wednesday, January 09, 2008

God's Grace

"For grace is given not because we have done good works, but in order that we may be able to do them." - Saint Augustine of Hippo

And then this (written by my friend, Dusty) that I think deals with what I spoke on earlier this evening to the entire church family here in Benton:

"This week I’ve rediscovered the value of God’s words to Paul, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” This has got to be one of the most hope-filled passages in the whole bible.

I love Eugene Peterson’s version. “My grace is enough; it’s all you need. My strength comes into its own in your weakness.”

That is really good news for me."

2 comments:

Brad Palmore said...

I've picked out the personalized plate I want in Michigan. XAPITI. Instrumental of XAPIS - by grace.

Unknown said...

Your lesson on Wednesday night touched me, Jimmy!

It is so wonderful to have the hope of eternal life in Jesus Christ!