Saturday, January 26, 2008

Mentor

I have to put this here.

Anyone who has ever worked with Mike Knappier would know a passionate, driven (or as he would put it -'called') man of God. A man with the heart of a lion and the energy of someone less than half his age. I look up to him and consider him a true mentor in the faith. It is truly a joy to work alongside this hero.

So I am going to post a quote from his blog that I think is a glimpse inside this great man. A man of conviction and tireless energy. Here it is:

"In the words of a gospel hymn, “God moves in a mysterious way, His wonders to perform.” A humorous and somewhat painful episode from my own life illustrates this. I dislocated my shoulder during an activity with the church youth group and needed a doctor to correct the problem. A few weeks later, it became dislocated again, and I had to visit the hospital emergency room in the middle of the night. The doctor medicated me and left the room to give the medicine time to work. I began to talk to the nurse who stayed in the room with me. My wife, Diane, later told me that I looked at the nurse and said, “Has anyone ever told you about my sweet Jesus?” I then proceeded to talk nonstop for several minutes, telling everything I knew about Jesus and the local church of Christ. I must have gotten quite carried away. Diane finally looked right into my face and said, “Mike, please be still and let the medicine work.” After a while, I quieted down. Sometime later, Diane noticed a visitor coming into the auditorium at church and thought she should know this guest. As she introduced herself, she told the visitor that she looked familiar and asked if they had met before. The young lady explained that she had been my nurse in the emergency room. If God can use the ravings of a barely conscious preacher, imagine what He can do with your circumstances. Our God is an awesome God! Not all circumstances are pleasant; but if you will see God in them, your “chains” may result in opportunities to speak a word for Jesus. God is still a supernatural God and He still works today."

No comments: