Monday, January 21, 2008

Today

Kind of a wild day.

This morning I lead congregational singing at the funeral of Boyd and Norma Dorsey. The auditorium was so crowded with people who wanted to celebrate the lives of these 2 godly people that folding chairs were brought in to hold them all. Two solos were sung and two ministers spoke about their lives.

I then crammed in the car with Joel Lewis, Leon Barnes, Mike Knappier and Sarah Jane Manning to drive over to the Dorsey family cemetery.

Later in the day, when I was sitting down to lunch with the Dorsey family and friends, the Day Care called to inform me that Jenniva was sick yet again. This time it was possibly something called the Rota Virus. And it was-I mean is. Elizabeth is going to spend the day at home tomorrow with our sweet little girl.

Then I waited for El to get home and help me take care of JBoodle and clean up for Meat Eaters Bible Study. We had a great group again and now I am ready to vegetate in order to get ready for...

Spending the day tomorrow with my buddy, Jim Gardner, as we travel to Harding University in search of prospective youth ministers for the Woodward Park Church of Christ in Fresno, CA.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow, Jimmy!

You've had quite an eventful day indeed! I know the Dorsey funeral was very sad, but knowing that they are with the Lord is comforting. See you Wednesday, man!

TTOW!