Monday, August 11, 2008

Shredded Part I

This weekend was a big one! El left Friday morning to take little Boodle to spend the weekend with her GranMary since El was going out a blast of a time with the girls. Melissa S, Melissa P, Kelly D, Jessica T and El spent the weekend swimming and 'SeaDooing' at the lake.

While the girls were away, I had quite a blast of my own. Friday night, I traveled to Baptist Rehab Institute to baptize Haley Y. She and the rest of the family wanted Jared S, her cousin, to be in attendance and the only way for that to happen was if I would be willing to perform the ceremony in the Baptist Rehab Institute swimming pool. Of course I said yes! It was a great experience for all of us!!

On the way back, I talked to some of the guys from the youth group and we decided to go out to eat, watch a movie and hang out and goof off at my house for the night. They stayed over and we did not go to sleep until 4:00 in the morning. Davis fell asleep too soon and that just is not a good thing with a group of guys around. Come on, who wouldn't want to squirt mustard in an open mouth?!?

We got up the next morning a little before 8:00 and got ready to have Second Saturday Servants. 11 of us journeyed to Stoneybrook, Benton and Grace Healthcare Nursing Homes to sing some songs (both old and new) to the residents.

That evening my mom and dad came to spend the night on their way back to TX. It was good to spend just a little bit of time with them.

No comments: