Monday, August 25, 2008

The Future's So Bright!

I woke up really early this morning!! 6 is not that early but it sure is for me on my day off. Especially after a nice, big Sunday with meetings in between meetings!

No, the reason I have graced the early morning with my presence is because I am just too excited to sleep!!!

Excited about the ministry at Northside. Here's why in a nutshell:

  • We keep growing in number! People are placing membership with us every week.
  • The youth group is getting massive! We are truly growing spiritually as well.
  • There has been a reconciliation between NS and one Jim Gardner. 12 years in the making.
  • We have a new full time minister on staff. Fernando T is our Hispanic Minister and I love him to pieces! He is a true servant of God and a man of the Word. He keeps baptizing 'em left and right. He is in the office right next to mine. I think I get too excited, though, because I get a little too loud and he laughs and then shuts the door!!!
  • We are getting ready to begin small groups again and the response/need is overwhelming. We already have over 140 signed up. In one day!!
  • Friendspeak is about to begin.
  • Dave Ramsey's Financial Peace University is about to begin.
  • Our Sunday morning Children's Worship has gotten so big that we have had to move to 2 big rooms.
  • Northside's beautiful voices increasingly continue to blow me away!
There is more and I will continue, but I must go tend to a Boodle who just woke up!

No comments: