Thursday, August 28, 2008

Barnabas

Son of Encouragement, right?

I have decided to adopt his stance in life. In all things.

The world is already full up with skeptics, pessimists, whiners, critics, complainers, curmudgeons...the list goes on and on.

And it's not only the worldly contained within this list. It's followers of Christ as well. Those of us who have been saved, called, blessed, exhorted, edified, forgiven, redeemed. We join in. Why? Why would we let the nasty junk of the world creep into our spirits?!?

I say no more!!!

So, I've decided to let God give me an uplifting makeover. I'm gonna let Him fill me with encouragement and help me dish it out to others in this world. Dish it out to...

Not only my Christian brothers and sisters but my community surrounding.

Not only my wife and sweet, little girl but my neighbors next door.

Not only my coworkers/coministers with whom I get along but the members in church who hurt my feelings/make me angry.

Not only those who smile and love me back but those who flip me off in traffic or cuss me out when I do something they don't like.

I am gonna be an equal opportunity encourager.

I ask you, Dear Reader, to come along and join me.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I will happily join you, Jimmy!

I can't wait for Sunday! TTOW!!

Randy Mitchell said...

Jimmy:

You are such a great example and encouragement to me. I hope that I can follow your example and be an encourager instead of focusing on the negative all the time. Satan knows how to get to me.

Philip and Stephanie Howell said...

Your energy is ecouraging! Thanks!

Steph