Monday, August 06, 2007

The News

"Congrats Jimmy and Elizabeth! We are proud of you. You have been and will continue to be in our prayers. Thank you for letting God work through you. We will miss you, but you'll see us again. You can run, but you can't hide! Ha ha. Phillip and I are EXTREMLY happy for you two."

This comment on a blog from our dear friend, Stephanie Howell, written December 1, 2005, rings very true as Elizabeth and I have officially announced that as of November 1 of this year, we will be moving back to the Central Arkansas area. We will be back in my sweetheart's home congregation and the place where I interned while I worked on my degree at Harding School of Biblical Studies. The Northside church of Christ in Benton, AR will be our new home.

The motivation to be near family and work with a group of teens that I already know and love was just too strong. How exciting it will be to have a 'GranMary' just a short distance away to pour out her love on baby Jenniva! Also the prospect of working with my mentor, Mike Knappier, is amazing. I already know and love the families and teens there and have worked with them in the past. I look forward to rekindling old relationships.

I have been greatly blessed to be able to work with the family here in Marble Falls and I leave here a spiritually better man for the relationships that have been formed here. I love the teens and will do everything in my power to find them a worthy replacement to lead them on to bigger and better things. I love and respect the shepherds of this flock as well as our new preaching minister, Greg Neill, and his family. I don't quite know what I will do without the resident wiseman, Jim Dobbs, and his sweet wife, Helen. They each, in their own way, have helped us through some hard times and have blessed us with their love through the good times. We will miss them all dearly.

When I solicited your prayers last Friday it was addressing this huge, life-changing decision. Thank you for lifting us up to the throne room of our Father over the weekend.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Jimmy!

I was on my way to Florida when I heard you were coming to Northside! I was beside myself with excitement. I will pray for you as you make the transition from Marble Falls to Northside. This is such WONDERFUL news. This will be the best thing to happen to Northside's youth group in a long time!

TTOW!!

Philip and Stephanie Howell said...

Amen Eric! Jimmy, I didn't give you permission to quote me in your blog. Just kidding! I can't explain in words how excited Pillip and I are. Phillip and I look forward to working with you and Elizabeth. Again, thanks for allowing God to use you. I'm excited for the Lord's church in Saline County! The church in Marble Falls is in my prayers as you help them to find a minister to take your place.

Ose said...

Great! Glad you're coming home!
Hope to see a lot more of you guys!