Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Celeb Encounter


Well, some of you could not stand it. You had to know by IM and email who it was that we saw in the Austin-Bergstrom airport. Here is how played out:

Elizabeth, Jenniva and I were waiting for our luggage. Over an hour, actually! Anyway, we were there waiting when I saw him approaching. I said, "El, look over there! It's Dennis Quaid!" She looked over there and said, "It sure looks like...It is Dennis Quaid!" I was so excited that El was finally there when I saw a celebrity so that she could go over with me to shake his hand.

She would not do it.

For whatever reason, she could not bring herself to go over there and meet the actor.

So, I went over and shook his hand, telling him that I really liked his movies. He was very nice and thanked me for being kind. At that point our luggage bell rang and our case popped out on the conveyor. I then went back and we got our luggage and left. It was pretty cool.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

SEE!!!!!!!! I told you that I would know who that was as soon as I saw his picture. You posted the picture for me, didn't you? LOL!!!

It was GREAT to talk to Elizabeth on the phone again tonight!

Anonymous said...

This message is for Elizabeth......

Elizabeth, I can't believe you didn't go over and shake his hand!!!!! Now that I have a face with a name, I think you are nuts for not shaking his hand.

Unknown said...

Wow, Jimmy!

Dennis Quaid! Your celebrity encounters are very impressive, indeed. Still can't wait to see you in November!! God bless!!