Friday, March 07, 2008

March Wonderland?

The forecast last night called for 6-10 inches of snow for the Central AR area starting at around 3 in the morning. We were pumped!

El's school was closed for the day and we were getting ready for a day of curling up with movies and books as well as cat naps throughout the day.

Upon waking up this morning at 6:50, I saw only a dusting of white and there was nothing coming down. Truly disappointed. The forecast had been wrong.

Then, it started to come down with no intentions of staying around on the ground. Coolness, but not really what we wanted. There is just something so cool about the landscape being covered in a blanket of white.

That all started to change around 11 in the morning. It started to stick! Soon, visibility was low due to all the falling snow and we had somewhere between 1-3 inches fall and stay.

Jenniva and El got to go out in it while I was off at work. Catch the video of their time. We got what we wanted!! Beautiful snow - just another sign of God's awesome majesty!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I just LOVE snow!!

It was very cool to get not one, but TWO snows in a matter of days! Better late than never, right man?

TTOW!

Brad Palmore said...

We've had almost 80 inches of snow this year. I'd gladly trade some with you! We're supposed to get another 8 inches tonight. I hope they're wrong about our forecast as well.

Jimmy Mitchell said...

Wow, Brad!! I think I like it just the way it is here in AR. I'm sure the excitement for snow wears off a little if you are constantly getting it!