Monday, March 10, 2008

Destruction of a Lesion

Kind of a strange title for a blog don't you think?

And I never thought that I would be associated with that procedure.

But that is exactly what my doctor did to me this morning at 8:30. For the past 5 months, I have had a weird bump on the end of my nose and have not quite known what it was. Well, while preparing for the Africa trip, my doctor told me that it was a pre-cancer that needed to be removed.

That is what Dr. Burris did this morning. Brought in a blow torch looking canister full of liquid nitrogen and proceeded to play 'freeze out' with the lesion. It felt like my nose was burning.

I am glad that it's over and can't wait for this bump to slough off.

---------

BTW, Mike, you owe me dinner!!

3 comments:

Brad Palmore said...

What, no pictures?

And why does Mike owe you dinner?

Unknown said...

Wow, Jimmy!

I'm glad you got that taken care of. Those skin lesions can be really scary!

Anonymous said...

Dr. Burris is our doctor too! We love Dr. Burris. Dr. Burris' sister is a friend of mine. This friend's daughter was in my class at Northside Day School.

Your nose does not look as bad as you think it does. Quit being so self conscious about it. I would tell you if you looked like Rudolph and you don't.