Wednesday, September 19, 2007

We Covet Your Prayers

During this time of transition stress for the Mitchell family is already near its peak. Then it all comes undone.

While traveling to AR for closing on the new house and to transport furniture and necessities to El and J-Boo, my Jeep of 10 years broke down. Some great guys in Pittsburg, TX helped me out with a new radiator cap. They seemed to think that was the extent of the trouble.

It was not, however.

It got me to Benton for the closing. The Title Co, Janis and Shirley were all good sports and stayed later to meet with us. God bless them all!! We signed, got the key and unloaded that night. The very next day I spent with J while El was working at school. I had errands to run and was planning to meet El in Fountain Lake for the FL-Hot Springs HS football game. Things quickly changed! My Jeep started overheating again and I quickly took it to a shop there in Benton. They informed me that I had a cracked radiator and head. Wow! Just like that - no more Jeep!! Sad.

I found another vehicle and am very happy with it!! But we are now Strapped and Stressed!!

Please pray for us as we go through this very tight time. We know that God will provide as He has so many times in the past, but we are gonna be living on PB and J sandwiches for a while.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey Jimmy!

I just want you to know that you are always in my thoughts and prayers. You will get through this hard time and your positive attitude will only make the ride easier. Take care, my friend and God bless!