Friday, September 28, 2007

Very Surreal

Last Wednesday evening, parents, elders and ministers met in the Youth House to discuss the future of the youth ministry since I am leaving in the near future. I was there to really just listen and help with what I know, but in the middle of the whole deal, I leaned over and whispered to one of the parents that it was just really strange and weird that I was there listening to them plan a minister-less calendar! Makes me feel like a lame duck.

Add to that my sweet girls are gone from here. They are already in AR, chomping at the bit for me to come be with them. I'm all alone. Kinda lonely and sad.

I have seen a lot of traffic in my house but have not yet gotten an offer. Hoping and praying that it will sell in the near future. Please lift that up!

Overall, I think that I am just down in the dumps. Life has indeed become very surreal.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Jimmy,

I know it is sad for right now being away from your wife and daughter, but things are going to look up! God loves you very much! I will, as always, keep your family and your church in my prayers! It is so nice to know that we have a Friend that we can lean on in times of need.