Thursday, October 26, 2006

The Puzzle

One verse has continually come to my mind over the past few months. Going through the fear of having a baby with abnormal chromosomes, not being able to find a house and losing my good friend, Jim Gardner, to a great work in Fresno, California-all in the course of a few months-truly tested my faith and belief system. The verse that has kept me glued together through these crises and others from the past is Romans 8:28:

"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose."

I don't see how the pieces fit. I don't presume to know the future and how everything comes together to complete His will. I do know, however, that there is a Master Plan and that God is putting it all into place to carry out His perfect and awesome will. I rest in that! I tell my human nature to put a cork in it and let God do His thing. And that is the best we can do in this puzzle called life.

1 comment:

Carlos, Maribel, Giancarlo and Isabella said...

Dear Jimmy;

It was a year ago we were saying our goodbys at the Village. We can hardly believe so much time has passed, and how our Lord has worked in so many lives.
You are right when you say about trusting God's plan. We were at the village for a visit and report this last weekend, and we missed you and Elizabeth very much. Maybe one day we can go visit you or you can visit us. Jim and Forrest are great and I am sure you know that. Our God moves us where He wants to use us. The most important thing to keep in our minds is that is His mission and we are his instruments. We have no doubt He is using you both to touch as many lives as you touched in the Village and even more. God Bless.
WE love you
Carlos Maribel, Giancarlo and Isabella Preciado