Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Again!

Well, it happened again! I have only been here for 8 and a half months and I have already 2 celebrities. First, it was Luke Wilson at the gas station. And yesterday it was none other than the host of Love Connection, Chuck Woolery! EL and I were in Horseshoe Bay for her Dr. appointment (which went very well, by the way), we were through and signing up for her next appointment when a man walked up to the receptionist's desk. I looked at him and to my surprise it was the gameshow host himself! I leaned to EL and told her to look up. She did and said "Do you know him?" I told her "That is Chuck Woolery!" She came back with "Chuck Who?" Oh well! I approached him, shook his hand and told him that his show was cool! He said thanks and we left it that because he looked a little under the weather.

----------

EL and I are so blessed! This past Sunday evening we were pounded and money treed by the church family!! We were overwhelmed with food and monetary gifts that we were speechless. I thank God for the family here and I pray that I can give them the leadership that God calls me to give for the teens and young families here.

----------

We were blessed also by another family here. They bought us 4 trees for our new house. 2 Oaks, 1 Peach and 1 Pear. We can't believe the generosity of this congregation. Thank you all for everything.

----------

And, Yes-My Roomie-Chad Joice, I do read my email!! You should have a reply in your box today!! I miss ya, man!

3 comments:

Brian Nicklaus said...

I was a little confused. At first I thought that was a foto of you. And I was thinking how much you have aged since I saw you last.

Maybe you and Chuck are related...?

Jim Gardner said...

Jimmy,

You forgot to mention the third celebrity you've rubbed shoulders with. What about former KRLD Sports Director and host of Rangers replay, Allan Stanglin? If you see him again, would you ask for an autograph for me?

Joice Family said...

You always seem to have all the luck. I am so glad that all is going well. Thanks for the note on the post. I am, however, waiting for a personal reply to my e-mail. I am sure it is coming. I miss you too!