Thursday, October 16, 2008

Dave Ramsey's Financial Peace University

Something has happened in our (El and me) lives that has changed us completely. Three words sum it up: Financial Peace University! Ever since we started this program in August, we have been changed in many great ways.

First, I (the Free Spirit of the family) have become frugal. Let me type that again. I have become a frugal spender! Anyone that knows me and my burning pockets would be skeptical of this transformation but it's true. And El can attest to that. I don't buy anymore. I just don't do it.

Second, El and I have put our heads together in such a big way on spending and budgets and cash flow and snowballing that we can see more than a glimpse of light at the end of the debt-laden tunnel. Our relationship to money is being reshaped into something I thought would never be. Amazing stuff!

Third, and most importantly, we have grown even closer together in this process. We are not the well-oiled machine that we can be, but we are mighty close. We are not only pumped about debt reduction but also about our sudden renewal in relationship!! We work together. On it all!! I can't even touch the hem of the garment with this stuff, I tell ya!

If you have the chance to be part of FPU, jump on it. It will make all the difference in the world. Is it easy? No. Does it work in such a big way that you are changed and left wondering why you never did this before? YES!!!
-------
All of this brings me to the other thoughts that are being formulated about the world and money. I will be back later in the day with that.

2 comments:

Jen said...

Good for you guys! That's awesome!

Jimmy Mitchell said...

Thanks, Jen. All I have to say or sing to you is:
"Ich bin Auslander und spreche nicht gut Deutsch.
Ich versteh' nicht was sie sagen.
Bitte langsam, Bitte langsam
Bitte sprechen sie doch langsam
Ich bin Auslander und spreche nicht gut Deutsch."
Frau B. would be proud!!