Sunday, October 19, 2008

A.M. Worship Service

I preached this morning from Mark 8 and I have to admit that I feel pretty good about it. I also must tell you that I stole shamelessly from my friends Jim Gardner and Allan Stanglin as well as other great speakers I don't know: Ray Van Der Laan and Rob Bell. The combination was powerhouse! When I have it on mp3 format I will put it here for any family that would like to hear it.

Kevin Smith brought his powerful voice in to lead us in worship. Kevin is a low Bass, but he is also able to take it on up there to the roof! He has quite a range and for that I am jealous.

All in all, I would say this morning was a nice time of worshiping our God.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Not only was your lesson great, your class was AWESOME, as always!

TTOW, man!

Randy Mitchell said...

Jimmy:

You are truly one of the great speakers and hearts in the brotherhood. In the words of Paul to Timothy, "Don't let anyone look down on you because of your youth". As I told you when you were an intern, you can do great things in the kingdom. Northside is already experiencing great things as a result of your work.

Your Brother in Christ,
Randy

Philip and Stephanie Howell said...

Amen Eric! Amen Randy! Jimmy, your choice of songs in your Praise 101 class made me cry with joy. Thanks for continuing to allow God to work through you at Northside. Thanks for challenging and encouraging us on Sunday. I was encouraged and energized on Sunday morning. Like I told you on Sunday, I thank God that you and Elizabeth made the decision together to come to Northside. Elizabeth has been AWESOME to work with. I'm looking forward to helping plan many more events with Elizabeth. Love you both!!!

-Steph