Sunday, July 20, 2008

Murphy's Coming!

25 of us head down to take part in a mission to Matamoros, Mexico tomorrow. We will be meeting up with several other churches to do a combination of manual labor, service, devotionals, personal bible studies and a children's day.

We are staying overnight with families from the Brentwood Oaks Church of Christ in Austin tomorrow night, so it will be great to play catch up a little with Shay S, the youth guy there. It is going to be amazing!!

I believe that Murphy (from Murphy's Law fame) will make another appearance. The weather forecast has a tropical on the horizon that may or may not hit on Thursday. I think Murph likes me a little!!

I will be out until next Tuesday. I may or may not be able to blog during our stay there.

Til then - A Dios, Amigos!

3 comments:

Philip and Stephanie Howell said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Philip and Stephanie Howell said...

I think you jinxed your trip. Did I hear something about a tire in Texarkana?

Steph

Unknown said...

Hey Jimmy!

What is it with you and these trips?! First your health, and now a hurricane!

I'm glad the group got to serve the church there in Austin. The Lord was with you the entire way, and he found a way to make this trip work, despite the foul weather!

See ya tomorrow morning!
TTOW!