Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Quote Of The Day (and then some)

"But caveat lector: we do not read the Bible in order to reduce our lives to what is convenient to us or manageable by us-we want to get in on the great invisibles of the Trinity, the soaring adorations of the angels, the quirky cragginess of the prophets, and...Jesus." - Eugene Peterson

-------------

I can't wait for the benevolence pantry workers to get a great surprise this evening, thanks to the youth group!

-------------

Yesterday was a big day for me. I started out by subbing for the Middle School (I had a really wild, unruly class and came really close to losing it, by the way). I then drove to the office and held a counseling session with a young student. Afterwards, I emptied out all of the pantry items that the youth had collected the Sunday night before. When I was ready to go home and veg in front of the tube, I went with my sweetie pie to the gym to lift and do cardio. I was worn out emotionally and physically by the time I got home. On top of all of that, I could not get any sleep last night. Maybe that is why I am in such a grumpy mood today. Seems like everything someone says to me is twisted up and taken the wrong way. Have you ever had a day like this?

--------------

Some friends of mine (former and present students) are starting up their own blogs. When I have their addresses, I will post and link them.

No comments: