Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Bereshith

Alright, so I was a bit audacious. I somehow thought that we could zip through Genesis chapters 1-11 in two hours at our Meat Eaters study last night. I prepared 7 pages of material to get us from Creation to the Tower of Babel in record time. I was pumped!

Needless to say, this did not happen. As we proceeded, I realized that there is just too much good, juicy stuff to pass by at a clip.

We got through chapter 3. That is as far as we could go in the alotted time. I guess you can say I learned my lesson.

I am still pumped, though! The excitement will not wear off. A great core group from the student ministry is eating this up every Monday night. There are 10-12 students that long to be deeper in the Word. I love it! Someone pinch me-I think I'm dreaming. I couldn't ask for more than this.

How are you when it comes to cracking open the Good Book? Are you what one might call a student? Or are you merely a casual observer? Know this-God wants you to want to know Him. He desires that you learn and grow from constant Scripture searching. He wants the intimate relationship that it inevitably brings.

No comments: