Monday, April 17, 2006

The Nelson Family

Elizabeth and I were invited over this past Friday evening to the home of Guy and Ruth Ann Nelson to eat dinner and get to know the family. It was great! Not only were there beef ribs and sausages (my favorite!) hot off the grill for our dining pleasure, but we had a great time of getting acquainted with each other around the dinner table.

I wish that I had brought a camera, though. After we ate, we walked out in the back yard (about 4 acres), looked in at Jordan's living quarters, flew through the air on the swing and, best of all, wrestled with Gizmo the Goat. It was a little scary at first-watching this goat, horns and all, rear up, grunt and then come after you with head lowered. Elizabeth never quite mustered up the courage to wrestle with Gizmo. Matter of fact, she did not want to be anywhere near Gizmo. It was pretty funny!

At the end of the evening, we sat out on the back porch talking about everything. When darkness came, we went into the kitchen for some yummy Banana Pudding and more conversation. Nelson family, I want you to know that we had a great time!

I promise to post a pic of Gizmo in action soon.

No comments: