Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Clay For The Potter

"Change my heart, O God
Make me ever true
Change my heart, O God
May I be like You

You are the Potter
I am the clay
Mold me and make me
This is what I pray

Change my heart, O God
Make it ever true
Change my heart, O God
May I be like You"

The words of this song resound to me and were imprinted on the minds of several youth that were able to give themselves over to God to be shaped and formed by His loving hands this past weekend at the annual Set Your Sights Retreat in Hot Springs. It touched my heart to see many young hearts open up to their youth leaders, their friends and God for renewal and reshaping. Several from my group had tears in their eyes as they professed their love for Jesus and their determination to be fully back in His loving arms.

Ahh, the openness of youth! If somehow we could never lose the soft hearts that we had when we were young. Guess what, we are never too old to be changed and formed by our Maker. They say that you can't teach an old dog new tricks. I strongly beg to differ. At any age, one can let go and let God do His beautiful work within us. Pray that we will always remain clay for the Potter.

No comments: