Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Living Testimonies

Every once in a while, someone great comes into our lives. We have the chance to see them in action. We get to ride along with them and learn from them. They are different than the others. They march to the beat of some other drum that you have not yet heard. These people constantly raise the bar in all aspects of ministry and evangelism. Don't get me wrong. I am a minister. I love working for the Lord and His people. It is just that I have not made it there yet. I am a slow work in progress. These great people, mentors/guides, if you will, seem to have all the wrinkles ironed out. They are so comfortable in their skin and they want you to feel the same and know the same things they do. One such person, to me, is Jim Mabery. I cannot believe what passion and tireless energy he has. He means so much to me that words fail to explain. His love for the Lord is so evident to anyone that comes in his presence. I do not seem to remember a day or time that he has not been reaching out and working in the Kingdom. His life is a priceless testimony to those that know him. He is a wonderful ambassador for Christ. God bless him and others like him that keep the torch burning. May we see more of these people in the future.

1 comment:

Rick Northen said...

I know what you mean Jimmy! I thought I was just marrying a beautiful young lady when I married Gail but God brought me a "father in the Lord"as well and I feel so blessed. GAil will be thrilled to read your words. God bless your trip to TX. Rick