Saturday, December 24, 2005

His Memory Will Live On

Yesterday, we got the tragic news that Jim Mabery, a hero in the faith to me and countless others, has gone on to heaven to be with his Lord and Savior. While traveling down to Tennessee to share Christmas with family, Jim and Charlotte were in a horrible accident. While Charlotte was scraped up a bit, Jim sustained fatal injuries.

Words cannot express what this great man has meant to me. As a matter of fact, this is the very same man that I blogged about earlier for being a living testimony and tireless worker for the Lord. He has left an indelible mark on the hearts of everyone that has worked with him. For example, his mission work in Ghana has inspired many natives to name their children after him. It takes a powerful servant leader to leave this kind of legacy with his disciples.

My thoughts and prayers are with his wife Charlotte; his children Diane, Chris, Gail, and Lance; their spouses Dimitri, Rick and Shelly; his grandchildren Alexander, Brittany, Greg, Cody and McKayla. I know that I have left many others out, but I pray God's comfort on all that knew and loved this great man of the faith. His memory will forever live on.

No comments: