Wednesday, September 24, 2008

"California, California, Here We Come!"

OK, so I am already in California, but I thought the quote from Phantom Planet's song would do quite nicely for a title since it is streaming nonstop through my head.

I am so excited to be back with my old buddy, Jim. But, I am even more excited to be with Mandy and the girls!! Don't tell Jim. Mandy made her world-famous chicken enchiladas last night and I stuffed myself silly. So good!

I got to meet Andy and Ashley Frizzell, the new Youth Minister and his wife. They are a great couple already working hard here in the beautiful city of Fresno. I can't wait to get to know them better.

Jim has taken me around and shown me many of the sights, but I left my camera sitting on the counter back at home! I always forget something. The Gardners have a camera, though, and they said I could use it to get some great shots in. I will take them up on that!!

One of the cool things about this place is the abundance of ethnic food restaurants. I look forward to eating some Thai, Armenian and whatever else great pops up along the way! So cool!

I will blog again soon with some pics and a story about the celebrity I encountered in Los Angeles.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hmmm...

Perhaps the mystery celebrity was BJ?!

Enjoy your trip, Jimmy! I'll see you on Mission Sunday!

TTOW!