Friday, June 06, 2008

Church of Christ Joke

"My tired friend told me the other day that if he were to come back in another life, his preference would be to come back as the 3rd stanza in a 4 stanza hymn-that way he wouldn't ever have to do anything."

I heard this the other day and chuckled.

I enjoy jokes that poke fun at the way we sometimes get caught in a rut-how we do certain things here in the Churches of Christ. We have been known to be a quirky bunch every now and then.

Don't get me wrong-I love my faith heritage. I just think that if we can't laugh at ourselves and be silly sometimes, we would be in a very sad situation.

Do you have any fun jokes to add to this one? Send them to me by comment or email.

2 comments:

BrotherBrendan said...

The biggest joke is that the Church of Christ thinks it is "the Lord's Church". Actually that is sad and not even funny.

Gary
ex-member & minster of COC

Darla said...

you know you are church of christ when you believe the offering is part of the 'lord's supper' :) i grew up COC and love to hear the jokes.:)