Thursday, May 15, 2008

Transitional Wedding






True flexibility was tested this past Friday when what was meant to be a 'beautiful outside on the lake with the sun setting' wedding turned into a 'scurry inside without getting soaked from the downpour' wedding. I sat back and watched as the families of bride and groom as well as all involved in the wedding party remained calm and cool when they realized the plans were changing. They took it very well. Probably better than I would have. I was happy for that.

The evening was a night of beauty as 2 of my former students from my ministry in Marble Falls, TX, vowed to love one another unconditionally in the bond of marriage. Brian Jamar and Jasmine Nelson are, and I have to say this, 2 of my favorite people. They stuck with me through the highs and lows of my work with the church there. They were constant in their devotion to the word and serving others in the name of God. They were and are the kind of people that make ministers truly happy to be doing what they do. Assets in every sense of the word-I know they will go on to make some college, family or preaching minister very happy as they tirelessly work in conjunction with them!!

Once we got inside, the wedding brought tears of joy and much laughter as Brian and Jasmine shared their hearts together and became one with the other. It was an evening to remember.

I even got to see some old friends and others from my student ministry there.

Great Night!!

1 comment:

Brad Palmore said...

Awesome! Glad you got to have that experience.