Thursday, May 01, 2008

Misc

First off, keep these in your prayers.

I have been dealing more lately with the Family aspect of Youth and Family Ministry and it has been a growing, learning experience for me. As of February, I have been counseling 6 sessions a week. Some are pre-marriage, some are marriage while others are family and teen troubles. Doing the research has been wonderfully exhausting but I am feeling it right about now.

Last week, I added to that list a young lady who is struggling with Bi-Polar Disorder and possibly using Meth and Heroin. I realize that this was out of my field of expertise and the church is helping pay her way through some professional therapy.

She came to church last night to be part of the youth group. Great to see her with us!! I just pray that she will let God into her heart.

I solicit your prayers for these families and individuals as they go through struggles. I also ask that you lift me up to the throne as I guide them to the Father's heart.
------
This past Tuesday night, our quintet (formed on Thursday the 24th with no name yet, although "Flash In The Pan" sounds pretty great to me) performed at the Diamante Country Club in Hot Springs Village. We sang 4 songs to a crowd of about 200 from the Village Church of Christ. Although I thought we could have sounded a bit better, we received a standing ovation and got another gig right off the bat.

The guys were excited and we are already brainstorming some more songs to add to our repertoire. I am having the time of my life!
------
I leave for Texas this coming Monday. I will be spending my vacation with my family in Arp and Lindale and later with my old friends in Marble Falls. I will marry an awesome couple (Brian J and Jasmine N from my former youth group in MF) on Friday the 9th, spend some time in San Antonio with my 2 sweetheart girls and wrap it all up at the Glenwood Church of Christ in Tyler with my family on Mother's Day. Sweetness!!

Pray for Traveling Mercies.

No comments: