Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Finally!!

Well here I am finally able to stop for a minute and let you all know that I am alive and well. When my Dad and I got into town, I have been going 90 miles an hour trying to get everything unloaded at the house, get my office set up and figure out the iMac G4 in my office.

At the same time I have tried to re-establish some old relationships and begin some new! What a great, if not chaotic, time it has been here in Benton, Arkansas. I love Joel and Mike dearly and know that we will work together very well. I also love Joyce and Linda! What an office staff we will make!!

While here I have already enjoyed a cool hayride with the teens, gone to court to support a friend, been to a funeral, led a song at the graveside, been to a Benton/Bryant Jr High football game, heard the Benton Jr High Chamber Choir perform, taken a group of teens to Harding University for Bison Daze during Homecoming, paid visits with Joel and Mike, gone to a movie with one of the teens, had a bible study and baptized a great young man, and eaten way too much going out with my fellow ministers. It has been a whirlwind. But I love every minute of it.

The house is getting there. Not quite ready to be seen by the outsider, but livable. Neither of us will be away this Saturday so things are looking up for 'around-the-house' work.

I will be back from now on with daily thoughts and fond remembrances of the group I left in Marble Falls as well as exciting glimpses into the future here as we begin a new work!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Jimmy!

It is so great to have you here with us at Northside. Being able to see you more often is a wonderful blessing! Thanks for being my friend!

TTOW!

Joice Family said...

Which I would have known you were at Homecoming I would have tried to hook up with you. Miss you man! Glad to hear all is settling down for you.

Jimmy Mitchell said...

MYROOMIE! Please send me your cell and home numbers because I tried to call you and had the wrong number! I need to talk to my ole roomie! Hope things are going well with you and the family!

Jimmy Mitchell said...

Eric! I am so blessed to be here working and worshiping with you! May we continue to grow closer together as we grow closer to our Master!