Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Larrys and Lamperts!

OK, here I am once again. I will apologize in advance for what will most likely continue to be sporadic blogging. I will not be able to access the internet several weeks throughout the Summer, so there will be spurts here and there.

Last week and yesterday were full of roller-coaster emotions.

VBS wrapped up last Friday afternoon and I believe that everyone involved did a superb job. One elder proclaimed that of all the VBS programs that he has seen or been a part of, this one was the best! It's so good to hear that from a shepherd.

Sunday marked the last time in 9 weeks that Brian Jamar, one of our teens, was able to worship with us before heading off to Fort Knox, KY for some rigorous Boot Camp training. We (Marble Falls Youth Group) spent the evening at my house sharing our words of love, wisdom and encouragement. There were tears through the laughter as we recounted good times and sang a hearty rendition of John Denver's 'Thank God I'm A Country Boy'. We'll miss him greatly!

---------

We have begun a new study in Meat Eaters on Monday nights. After delving into Genesis, John, James and Revelation, we are now looking at the Hebrew epistle. Last night we tried to figure out who wrote it. After looking at the whys/why nots for Paul, Apollos, Aquila/Priscilla, Barnabas, Clement of Rome and others we came to the same conclusion as Origen, one of the early church scholars - "Who wrote the epistle, God knows the truth."

---------

If you have never met a true Larry, here he is! A little inside joke between me and anyone who knows Allan Stanglin. But seriously, you will find the insights of one of my dearest friends, the new preaching minister at the Legacy Church of Christ in North Richland Hills, TX, to be pretty inspiring. I have him as one of my permanent links on the side as well.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Jimmy!

I'm glad your VBS went as well as it did! It's always hard when a loved one has to enter the armed forces. It's good to remember special times! Meat Eaters sounds fascinating. It's too bad I can't be a part of it.

ps. I'm looking forward to finally seeing you again when you come to speak at Northside on July 11. I'm counting down the days, man!

TTOW!!

Joice Family said...

when are you coming to Tulsa? Don't forget to give me a call.