Friday, June 01, 2007

4 Years Together

Yesterday was a special time for my wife and me! We hit the 4 year mark of marital bliss. May 31st was a great day for us. We lay there in bed recounting some of the highlights that have brightened our time together over the years. Here are some of them:

  • We have lived in 5 homes! The 1st was a townhouse on 14 Orantes in Hot Springs Village. The 2nd was a townhouse on 4 Perralena in HSV (only a minute away from the church building). The 3rd was a real house on 121 Arias near the middle of HSV (had a 2 car carport and everything!) The 4th was a small house owned by the church here in Marble Falls that seemed like it had been built in the 40's - we lived there for 8 months and at about the time that a pregnant Elizabeth was about to kick me out the double bed because her belly was hanging over the edge we moved into the 5th and final house - a nice, brand spanking house on Northwood right across from the Middle School. A place that will fit our California King and the only home that little Jenniva has ever known.
  • I have had 2 jobs. Youth Minister for the Village Church (a little over 3 years) and now for the Marble Falls Church (1 year, 4 months).
  • She has filled many roles. Waitress at the Pantry in HSV - Banker at USBank in HSV - Band Director at Oaklawn Elementary Arts Magnet in Hot Springs - Nursing Student.
  • We have gone from just the 2 of us to just the 5 of us. 1 cat (Gabbi), 1 dog (Peanut) and the newest and sweetest addition - 1 baby girl that likes to eat and show her dimples when she smiles (Jenniva)!
We have had our ups and downs and have loved every minute of it! I wouldn't change one thing for the world. I love my family dearly and pray all the time that God continues to bless us as we make the journey together.

I would like to end this blog with the words of a song that greatly expresses my sentiments to my lovely wife and baby.

"Longer than there’ve been fishes in the ocean
Higher than any bird ever flew
Longer than there’ve been stars up in the heavens
I’ve been in love with you.

Stronger than any mountain cathedral
Truer than any tree ever grew
Deeper than any forest primeval
I am in love with you.

I’ll bring fires in the winters
You’ll send showers in the springs
We’ll fly through the falls and summers
With love on our wings.

Through the years as the fire starts to mellow
Burning lines in the book of our lives
Though the binding cracks and the pages start to yellow
I’ll be in love with you.

Longer than there’ve been fishes in the ocean
Higher than any bird ever flew
Longer than there’ve been stars up in the heavens
I’ve been in love with you
I am in love with you."

Dan Fogelberg

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Happy Anniversiary, Jimmy!

Your wedding day was memorable for me, too, in more ways than one. God was looking after me so that I could remember that day as a happy and joyous one, despite what happened after the wedding!

I'm glad to see you and Elizabeth have had such a fulfilling time together!

That song by Dan Fogelberg is one of my very favorites. All the best to you and may God bless all your efforts!