Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Plane Ride Home

Back from my travels! The past few days have been wild, to say the least.

Though I hated to do it, I left my sweetheart and little girl on Mother's Day of all days to come back here for the special Going Away Party for my friend and colleague, Allan Stanglin who will be leaving us this month to start a new work as preacher man in Richland Hills, TX at the Legacy Church of Christ. I really don't want him to go. I'm gonna miss him a lot!

Anyway, I got to the airport in LR ready, or so I thought, for the plane ride to Dallas then to Austin. I got to the checkpoint with my toothpaste, floss, hair stuff and aftershave in baggies for inspection. Well, I had not read that it had to be 3 oz or less and had to surrender the items to the airport inspectors because my sweetie had already left me. What fun, huh? Wait-it gets better! I got to the gate and was told that my carry-on would have to be checked because the plane was too full of carry-ons. Great!! So I could have kept all of the aforementioned items and left them in the carry-on that was to be checked as luggage anyway. Wish I had known! So I got on and sat next to a pregnant lady on the 3rd leg of her flight. She looked a little nauseous and told me that she did not feel right. Right before we landed in the Big D we hit some turbulence and she proceeded to fill not only her bag but mine also! I patted her on the shoulder and offered what little help I could during the process. On top of all of that I had to wait forever for my luggage to slide out onto the conveyor belt. Long Day!

I will be back tomorrow to tell you the rest of the story...

3 comments:

Joice Family said...

Don't you love flying! I have had my misfortunes at airports, the greatest story from our honeymoon. I am sure I shared that with you before.

Blair said...

Dude, are you ever in the office? For that matter, I always get a machine when I call. Give me a call or whatever. HOpe all is good there. Did you make it through the Senior Banquet?

Jacqueline Ortiz said...

Hey Man, I finally got my page up and running. I had to reload and set it up. There are two links over to my myspace page. Catch up with ya soon.
Jax