Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Back In Pocket

If 'out of pocket' means being unavailable then wouldn't it stand to reason that 'in pocket' would mean being available? Just don't know! Anyway, I am back once again and ready to attack the world of blogdom. I have so much to say that I don't really know where to start. Here's how the last few days played out:

Thursday-I spent most of the day helping my good friend, Allan, move his office from here in Marble Falls to Legacy church in North Richland Hills. While there, I was able to meet one of his secretaries, both youth ministers, and some of the families that are involved with the youth program. I also got to see his beautiful house on Ember Oaks. It just sounds fancy, doesn't it? I am really happy for him. I'm gonna miss him a lot.

Later that afternoon-My two precious girls met me at Allan's house and we said our goodbyes to him. We headed over to Lindale where we sneaked up on my sister and brother-in-law. We were all so excited that we stayed the night to spend more time together. We went over to meet the youth minister in Van-Marty Baker. Got to know him and hear stories about a younger Greg Neill back in his YM days. We ate some Milano's Pizza and went to bed. The next day we (Misti, Kameron and Brenden) went over to Tyler, ate Bodacious BBQ and met with Big Ole Bear(my Dad). That was some great quality time!

Friday Evening-We came back and collapsed in the bed.

Saturday-We got up late, came to the church building and EL helped with VBS work day for a little bit while I set up Sunday morning's PowerPoint for worship and worked on my a.m. class and p.m. sermon. I know that some people hate my guts because I was not able to help at all with the VBS Work Day and I am truly sorry!! My girls left me at the building. When I was done with my stuff, I borrowed the church van and went to the Nelson house to celebrate the impending graduation of David Griffin, Brian Jamar and Jasmine Nelson. Boy was that BBQ good. After 2 consecutive days of it I was feeling like a walking, talking Brisket and Sausage Plate!

Sunday-I lead worship in the morning (Allan preached) and brought the Word in the evening. We then walked over to the Large Fellowship Hall where all 8 of our graduating seniors had their pictures, awards and tables set up for viewing. I gave them Bibles with Elders and Minsters autographs and Jan Graves gave them quilts that the ladies had made. A lot of gifts and money were given that night. Must be nice!

Yesterday-Allan's last official staff meeting with us. Bittersweet Day.

Today-Later I will have a treat for you readers.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Jimmy!

I'm glad you're back on the blog. I'll be commenting quite often, because you are one of my best friends and I miss you a lot! I look forward to your 'treat' later. Now that you are back, maybe you could check your email.

Thanks again, man!

Your buddy,
Eric

Jimmy Mitchell said...

Eric!

It is great to hear from you! I am going to look at my email right now!!!