Monday, April 16, 2007

Rip Roaring Ready

Well, I am now back and rip roaring ready to go. The past 2 weeks have been a doozy as we had Spring Break and LTC to do. I have been busy as a little bee.

Being a newbie to LTC, I was not quite prepared for the sense of being overwhelmed by not only the size of the Hilton Anatole in Dallas (1606 rooms in all) but also the number of student and adult participants that filled the hotel with hustle and bustle. Now, normally this is my kind of scene, being a people person, but I had stuff to do. Stuff I had never done before. And I was extremely nervous. Thanks to the chaperoning parents that had been there, done that I was taken care of and after about 2-3 hours my anxiety dissipated. The following day was a day of fun and I got to sing with our song leaders and judge in the small drama event. Our students did well and no one took home anything under a Silver Award! I am very proud of my teens and tweens here in Marble Falls.

Last night, the evening service was lead by our young men that participated in LTC and our small drama group performed followed by the awards presentation for all involved. The congregation is very pleased with our students! They were a smashing success!!

------

For a few days this past week, I subbed for the Choir, Music History and Music Theory classes at the Marble Falls High School. That is always a great time for me.

------

Tonight, the Meat Eaters group begins our study of the Revelation of John with Greg Neill at the Mitchell Mansion. We'll be grilling out burgers and dogs in the newly fenced (6 foot cedar privacy) back yard of our home. I can't wait!

------

I will post some pics of our little girl soon. She has been pretty fussy lately because she just won't stay asleep and she is tired all the time. The only 2 reasons she ever cries is from hunger or being tired. I know, it is wild that dirty diapers don't bother her. I don't know what to do about this sleep deprivation, though.

No comments: