Monday, April 30, 2007

Bueno Buddy!

This weekend was a blur as several things happened in the church family here.

-----

First off, Joshua Gorenflo, a former intern with the youth group here, spent the weekend at our house. He came primarily to catch up with us and the teens that he worked with while here. It was a fun time- a little too fast-but fun nonetheless. Joshua is the titular role of Bueno Buddy for me (we spent a lot of time at Taco Bueno together while being camp counselors at Abilene Christian University Kadesh Life Camp 4 this past Summer).

While here, Bueno Buddy and the Mitchell family ate dinner with Jammer on Friday night, opened up the house for about 20 people (youth and family that came to catch up with Josh) on Saturday night and held a combined MS and HS class on Sunday morning. He even stayed for lunch (the ever exquisite China Kitchen) and dinner (Lakeside Pavilion fellowship with Smithwick).

-----

Secondly, Greg Neill and I were put in charge of opening up the Pavilion and setting up chairs, tables and songbooks. Fortunately, the Wenmohs family, the Stanglin clan and some others were able to help us get it together for the night of prayer and praise. It was a smashing success with a little over 200 people there to worship God and encourage one another.

-----

Thirdly, the 3CT (the Tenor trio that I blogged about the other day) performed for the whole group last night. We sang 3 songs and were quite flawless, if I do say so myself! lol Anyway, it was a nice performance that was well received by our brothers and sisters in Christ.

-----

Tonight, we cover chapters 8-11 of Revelation in Meat Eaters at the Mitchell Mansion. If it's anything like last Monday night, everyone will be on the edge of their seats.

-----

I will be back in the future with more pics of sweet little girl.

3 comments:

Missy McNew said...

Jimmy, I want to see pictures of that sweet baby girl. I only wish I could have delivered her. Cam is in the US Coast Guard, stationed in Pascagoula,Mississippi, and on the cutter Shamal. I can send pics. soon. Bradley is growing, and we just bought him a small car. We all miss you. Missy McNew

Jimmy Mitchell said...

Missy,
It has been too long since we talked last! I can't believe that Cam's in the Coast Guard and Brad is old enough to have a car! Has it been that long?!? How old is Bradley? Are you serious? I will post some new pics ASAP! Pinch Chad on the arm and tell him it's from me. Here's my email address if you want to keep in touch: fishlegs2000@yahoo.com

Sandi said...

Jimmy Mitchell! I stumbled on your blog via Jim Gardner's via his sister's...I thought, "Nooooo...surely that can't be THE Jimmy Mitchell..." -- I'm so glad that it was! I had no idea that you were in youth ministry, but I think it is a great fit. And I am so glad to hear that you're still singing, too. I hope that you're doing well!

I am married with two boys and live in MO. I'm so happy to read about you and your family.

Sandi (Wright) Haustein
(from Harding)