Thursday, August 17, 2006

More To Say

The class last night was a smashing success!! It went over so well that the class ended well past its 7:50 stopping point. We wound up closing in prayer beyond 8:30. Many came to me thanking me for allowing them the chance to share what the Lord has done in their lives and to grow closer to their Christian family as they begin this new school year. Even some of my tougher critics were impressed with the openness and honesty of the evening. I am glad to see God in the hearts of these young believers.

----------

This morning my colleague, Allan S, and I drove Mandy, Trae and Tori G to the Austin-Bergstrom International Airport. The preacher man and his family are now gone to California to start a new work. It was hard to watch them go as we all waved a fond, tearful farewell. May God bless the Gardner family as they embark on this new journey. I miss them too much already!

-----------

My buddy, Allan Stanglin, is a pretty cool guy. I think I can stomach working with him for another stretch. Maybe!

Please keep the Marble Falls Church in your prayers as we look for someone to fill the shoes of Jim Gardner and keep us moving in a strong, positive direction.

No comments: