Wednesday, August 02, 2006

In The Aftermath

I feel very strange because my friend and colleague of many years has left and his absence is now weighing on me.

I miss Jim Gardner.

When I came into full time ministry, he took me under his wing and guided me to be the best. I was truly wet behind the ears and he dried that off quickly.

When I didn't quite grasp the Word I was reading, he had thought provoking insight.

When I started to understand that churches come with bureaucratic red tape, he was there with uplifting words of wisdom.

When I was ready to get married, he was a listening ear to my thoughts.

When I was hurt by friends and family members, he was a shoulder to lean on for comfort and encouragement.

Whenever I needed a true friend, he was always there.

Now, he is not there. And I wonder if I will ever get to spend quality time with him in the future. I am having a difficult time in the process.

More on this later...

No comments: