Monday, July 17, 2006

Silage and Other Juicy Morsels

Today was a first!! We began our First Principles Day Camp this morning and we were overwhelmed with more young, passionate students than we had prepared for! 35 came to sit around the table and study God's Word intensively for 2 hours this morning. Jim, Allan and I were shocked and overjoyed to see so many young thirsty hearts come in search of God's will for their lives. I pray that we will see even more tomorrow.

I will have pictures to share with you at a later date.

------------

I have been out of pocket for the past few days. It has turned into one busy month. Thursday morning, I traveled with my friend, Chris Bridges, to pick up the students that had spent 2 weeks growing closer to God and each other at Camp Bluehaven in New Mexico. We drove up Thursday-spent the night in Las Vegas, NM-and traveled back on Friday with a van full of tweens/teens and a trailer hitched on the back.

The next morning, Elizabeth and I got up to take 13 teens to Krause Springs for swimming and fellowship.

Yesterday was full of great worship and some awesome football in Johnson Park after evening services.

And, as I mentioned earlier, First Principles started today.

I am meeting with around 15 teens this evening to finish out the book of Genesis in our Meat Eaters class that meets each Monday night.

Whew! I am kinda tired right now.

Maybe things will slow down soon. Oh, who am I kidding! I am a Youth Minister. Things never slow down!!!

------------

While traveling to New Mexico with a great guy; I learned something new. I saw some strange things on the side of the road in an unnamed cow town that I could not quite figure out. Being somewhat of a city slicker, I have a lot to learn about farming and other rural events. As we passed by these stragne mounds, I asked Chris if he could tell me what they were. Happy to oblige, he told me that they were mounds of Silage.

A new word in my dictionary.

According to my friend, Silage mounds are piles of Hay (among other things) that are covered with plastic and left to sweat and (I guess) ferment. This Silage is then fed to the cows, causing them to produce more cream.

Cool! You learn something new every day!! And I love to learn.

Thank you Bridges family. Because of you, I now know about Silage and Javelinas!!

No comments: